So far this week, there has been an increase in reports made to the police regarding thefts from motor vehicles, and as a result, the RCIPS would like to remind the public of a few crime prevention tips that may help in reducing the occurrences of these incidents.
The public is being reminded to:
- Not leave valuables, including shopping bags, handbags, electronics, money or jewelry etc. where they are visible in their vehicles.
- Not leave valuables overnight or for extended periods in your vehicle in the event of a vehicle break-in.
- Park vehicles in well-lit areas and if possible in places with security cameras or security officers on sight.
- Lock up your vehicle. Ensure that all doors and windows are properly closed after every use.
- Not leave vehicles running or leave vehicles with the keys inside unattended, even for a short amount of time.
The RCIPS is also aware that businesses will be busy and the roadways will also be congested as a result of last minute back to school preparations, and would like to remind the public to stay safe on our road ways, by not driving under the influence, speeding or driving whilst distracted. Let us all do our part in “Making the Cayman Islands Safer.” For more on these tips and other crime prevention information, visit: https://www.rcips.ky/crime-prevention.