Human Resources & Professional Development
The Royal Cayman Islands Police Service (RCIPS) Human Resources and Professional Development Department (HR Department) is responsible for managing the operational, administrative and strategic human resource needs of RCIPS, which consists of approximately 500 staff members.
The Department is comprised of a Chief Human Resource Manager, Human Resource Manager, Assistant Human Resource Manager and Human Resource Officers.
Whilst recruitment and administrative functions are a key portion of the Department’s role and are continuous tasks, the Department’s focus has expanded into a strategic partnership in support of the principles, values, mission and vision of the RCIPS.
It is our mission to provide support in attaining the organizational goals through our most valuable resource—its PEOPLE. In support of this we pledge to:
- Develop and promote an attitude of trust, teamwork, knowledge sharing and quality in our dayto-day operations.
- Create a professional environment founded on the principles of fairness, equity and mutual respect to promote ethical conduct in our practices.
- Seize opportunities that demonstrate excellent execution, a caring attitude and a sense of urgency.
- Reduce waste by vigorously pursuing continuous improvement activities thereby delivering efficient and innovative Human Resource services.
- Become a valuable strategic partner by aligning and integrating all service areas of Human Resource Management to the overall vision and mission of the RCIPS.
- Commit to doing and to acting openly, equitably and consistently in our pursuit of uncompromising quality.
- Communicate in a candid and fair manner with the diverse workforce from whom we will derive its strength.
We further undertake to uphold the CIG’s Strategic Plan, and contribute towards becoming a World-Class Civil Service through delivery of the 5 priority goals.
1. Deliver an Outstanding Customer Experience: Our customers offer high praise and look forward to utilizing our services and our elected leaders value our work to deliver their policies and objectives.
2. Develop Exceptional Leadership: Civil servants are highly engaged and motivated to achieve results and to make a difference in the lives of those they serve.
3. Pursue Excellence In Talent Development: Civil Servants are skilled, competent and qualified, in the right position at the right time.
4. Foster Effective Communication: We achieve awareness and buy-in for government's policy priorities among internal and external stakeholders.
5. Demonstrate Excellence In Governance Practices: We deliver results whilst maintaining the confidence of those we serve.
Vacanies with the RCIPS:
Ongoing Local Officer Recruitment: Click Here
Ongoing Experienced Officers Recuitment: Click Here
Chief Human Resources Manager: Click Here - Deadline: 30 December, 2019
Human Resource Officer: Click Here - Deadline: 30 December, 2019
All completed CIG Application Form should be sent to RCIPSRecruitment@rcips.ky .