The RCIPS Criminal Records Office (CRO) has been receiving a number of Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) and Police Record applications that are primarily missing an updated or valid immigration status document. Such applications cannot be processed in a timely manner, as additional follow-up is required to obtain the necessary information to allow your PCC to be processed. As such, the CRO is reminding the public of the required information necessary when submitting a PCC application online:
Passport Picture Page:
- Digital copy of your passport information page which clearly shows your photograph, personal information, expiry date, nationality, machine readable zone, extension pages and signature (if applicable).
- If you have a Cayman Islands passport you only need to submit a digital copy of your passport information page.
- If you are Caymanian and you do not have a passport, you can apply for a PCC using your birth certificate (or a notarised copy) and a photo ID.
- You can also apply for a PCC for your Caymanian child using his or her birth certificate and a photo ID.
Proof of Immigration Status:
- Digital copy of valid work permit stamp/work permit letter, visitor stamp, residency or status stamp. Non-compliance in providing this document will result in processing delay.
Depending on the purpose of the PCC or the method of collection chosen at the time of submission, your PCC will be emailed to you or to an entity of your choice, or by domestic registered mail.
Your application will not be processed without the required supporting documents. Submitting an application with insufficient information will significantly delay the processing of your application.
Please note that PCC turnaround time is now fourteen (14) business days. As such, we are encouraging you to submit your application well in advance to ensure timely processing.