The Cayman Islands Government, in conjunction with The Honourable Alden McLaughlin, MBE, JP, Premier; The Honourable Juliana O’Connor-Connolly, JP, Minister for Sports and The Honourable Dwayne Seymour, JP, Minister for Culture will be hosting National Heroes Day Celebrations in central George Town, on Monday, 22 January 2018 (Public Holiday) starting at 9:00AM.
This is a time when the country will reflect upon our proud past and embrace the future as a united people. The 2018 celebration will honour those who have made contributions to the field of Sports.
Due to this ceremony, the following roads will be closed as follows:
- From 7:00PM Friday, 19 January until 9:00PM Monday, 22 January, to allow for setup and breakdown.
- The roads will be temporarily re-opened from 12:00AM-12:00PM on Saturday, 20 January.
1. The top of Fort Street at the junction of Fort Street and North Church Street
2. The bottom of Fort Street by the Clock Tower
3. Edward Street at the junction of Edward Street and Main Street
4. The end of Edward Street, at the junction of Edward Street and Cardinall Avenue
5. Albert Panton Street at the junction of Albert Panton Street and Cardinall Avenue
Please see attached map depicting the specifics. Customers will have access to businesses and banking, for those establishments opened on Saturday and the Holiday Monday.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have any questions regarding this event please contact the Protocol Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 244-3612.
Road Closures Map - Heroes Day 2018