In light of recent tragic incidents during the holiday period, the RCIPS would like to urge members of the community who may be experiencing emotional or psychological difficulties to seek assistance. A number of resources exist on island to help people in a variety of circumstances receive the help they need to manage difficult periods of their lives.
The following organizations provide a range of counselling services and can be contacted at the numbers provided. In addition to these, the RCIPS is here to help as well. Those experiencing difficulties can contact us at any police station and we will help facilitate them getting the help or information they need.
General Counselling and Support Services
- CIG Counselling Centre – 949-8789
- CI Hospital Mental Health Section – 244-2650
- Family Resource Centre – 949-0006
- Employer Assistance Program – 949-9559
- Rehab Centre Associates – 947-6452
- Chrissie Tomlinson Hospital (private) - 949-6066
- Wellness Centre (private) – 949-9355
- DPSC Communications Centre – 9-1-1
- CI Crisis Centre (for those experiencing domestic violence) – 943-2422