The Cayman Islands Government, in conjunction with The Honourable Alden McLaughlin, MBE, JP, Premier; The Honourable Dwayne Seymour, JP, Minister for Culture and Celebrate Cayman will be hosting National Heroes Day Celebrations in central George Town, on Monday, 28 January 2019 (Public Holiday) starting at 9:00AM.
This is a time when the country will reflect upon our proud past and embrace the future as a united people. The 2019 celebration will honour those involved in the Creation of our Coat of Arms.
Due to this ceremony, the following roads will be closed from 6:00PM Friday, 25 January until 9:00PM Monday, 28 January to allow for setup and breakdown and temporarily re-opened between 12:00AM and 12:00PM on Saturday 26 January:
1. The top of Fort Street at the junction of Fort Street and North Church Street
2. The bottom of Fort Street by the Clock Tower
3. Edward Street at the junction of Edward Street and Main Street
4. The end of Edward Street, at the junction of Edward Street and Cardinall Avenue
5. Albert Panton Street at the junction of Albert Panton Street and Cardinall Avenue
In addition, Fort Street, between Harbour Drive and Albert Panton Street; Albert Panton Street between Kirk House and Cardinall Avenue; and Edward Street between Main Street and Dr. Roys Drive; will remain open until 2:00PM Saturday, 26 January.
Please see the below map depicting the specifics. Customers will have access to businesses and banking, for those establishments opened on Saturday and the Holiday Monday.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have any questions regarding this event please contact the Protocol Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 244-3612.