Her Majesty the Queen’s Birthday will be celebrated on Monday, 14 June 2021. The occasion will be marked by a ceremonial parade commencing at 4:30PM outside the Governor’s Residence (Government House), West Bay.
The RCIPS is reminding the public of the following road closures and traffic diversions happening in order to facilitate the Queen’s Birthday parade and preparations.
These road closures and diversions will be in place on Monday, 14 June, from 10:00AM to 6:00PM:
- West Bay Road will be closed between the western entrance to Governor’s Square (just north of the Governor’s Beach parking lot) and the vicinity of Eats Café (Cayman Falls Plaza).
- There will also be a traffic diversion for northbound traffic on West Bay Road in the vicinity of Safehaven Drive. Local access will be permitted to the Westin and other commercial properties in the vicinity. Other northbound traffic will be diverted onto Safehaven Drive and back onto the Esterley Tibbetts Highway.
- Southbound traffic on West Bay Road travelling toward Governor’s Beach will be diverted left through Governor’s Square and onto the Esterley Tibbetts Highway via Lime Tree Bay Avenue.
- Lime Tree Bay Avenue will be closed to westbound traffic in the vicinity of the southwestern entrance to Governor’s Square. Westbound traffic from the Esterley Tibbetts Highway will be diverted through Governor’s Square, northbound onto West Bay Road. Access to Regatta will be permitted.
- Members of the public needing to access Governor's Beach by vehicle (or by foot) will be able to do so via West Bay Road, north of Governor’s Beach
The RCIPS advises motorists to exercise caution when travelling in these areas during the times specified, or consider avoiding the area if possible, and apologises for any inconvenience these traffic diversions may cause.