The RCIPS is informing the public about the following road closures taking place on Sunday, 9 July, in order to facilitate the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA) annual 5K Walk /Run.
The event is scheduled to begin at 6:00AM, and conclude at 8.30AM. Sections of the road along the route will be closed to facilitate the passing of the race. These road closures will be rolling and as the race passes each section, the roadways will re-open to the public.
The routes are as followings;
- Starting at Cricket Square (Across from the Walkers Building) to Hospital Road onto Walkers Road.
- Walkers Road onto Melmac Avenue onto South Church Street to Harbor Drive.
- Harbor Drive onto Fort Street to Edward Street.
- Edward Street to Shedden Road onto Elgin Avenue to Huldah Avenue.
- Huldah Avenue to Smith Road onto Hospital Road onto Elgin Ave ending at Cricket Square (Across from the Walkers Building).
Motorists are advised to avoid these areas during these times, and plan an alternate route.