The RCIPS would like to inform the public of a number of road closures in George Town to facilitate the ceremony of the State Opening and LA Retitling Celebrations. The road closures for this event are as follows:
Thursday, 3 December at 6PM
- Vehicular access through the area immediately in front of the LA on Fort Street will be closed.
- Northbound traffic on Edward Street will be diverted right onto Fort Street (at the Town Clock).
- Northbound traffic on Albert Panton Street will be diverted left towards the junction of Harbour Drive and Fort Street (towards the traffic lights).
Friday, 4 December at 1PM
- Access to Fort Street at the junction of Harbour Drive will be closed.
- The junction of Fort Street and Edward Street will also be closed.
All closures and diversions will remain in effect until Saturday, 5 December at 6AM.
The RCIPS apologises for any inconveniences this may cause and thanks the public for their continued co-operation.